Cancer is a scary disease so far there is no cure for it. Cancer develops when abnormal cells in the body multiply out of control. While normal body cells continuously grow, divide, and die, cancer cells will continue to grow and invade other tissues. Cancer cells will often travel to other parts of the body. This process is called metastasis through the bloodstream of the lymphatic vessels. According to the American Cancer Society, there are more than 1.6 million new cases each year in the United States, and skin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer. CBD oil has been and is being evaluated as an effective treatment for skin, especially skin cancer. So does CBD make you tired and is it effective for skin cancer? Let’s find out the information below.
CBD oil for skin cancer treatment
CBD or Cannabidiol is obtained from the Cannabis plant. Scientifically known as Cannabis sativa, this plant is commonly known as hemp. While many people know this plant for its psychotropic properties, the cannabis plant is becoming increasingly recognized by society for its myriad health benefits.
Manufacturers extract CBD from the cannabis plant and then process it to produce active ingredients – a range of CBD-containing products with extremely low THC content, which does not make users high. With very low THC levels, the use of CBD-based products will only have positive health benefits and not cause any psychotropic effects.
CBD is effective in treating several conditions such as epilepsy, convulsions, anorexia, or anorexia. Along with the development of medicine, CBD can now be used to treat cancer side effects and treat cancers such as brain, colorectal, breast, pancreas, and even adjacent skin, chemotherapy, or radiotherapy measures.
Experimenting with CBD oil
Many CBD-based products are available in the market, such as pain relief sprays, pain relief rollers, facial serums, face creams, body oils, restorative lotions, etc.
CBD oil reviews from our CBD users show that most patients have noticed visible changes in their skin after using it on the skin. Small areas of keratosis, or ulceration caused by cancer, were reduced in just a few weeks. CBD oil is an effective skin cancer treatment option.
However, CBD products intended for medical use should undergo an FDA review process. State laws vary. Nearly all states with medical hemp laws have approved hemp specifically for the treatment of cancer. These states include Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Hampshire Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and West Virginia.
Although the state of Maryland has not approved medical hemp to treat tumors or cancer, it has approved it to treat nausea and chronic pain, two symptoms commonly associated with cancer treatment. In Washington DC, any condition can be approved for medical hemp as long as a DC-licensed doctor recommends the treatment.
What does the research say about using CBD oil for skin cancer?
There have been many studies regarding the effectiveness of CBD oil in helping to treat skin cancer. Some research shows that when CBD oil is used in combination with other cancer treatments, it can help reduce tumor growth at a faster rate. Many studies also show that CBD oils can help increase the effectiveness of cancer drugs in some cases.
Here is some other evidence that supports the beneficial effects of CBD oil for skin cancer:
- A study by the Journal of Investigative Dermatology in 2015 found that a mixture of THC and CBD promotes autophagy (breakdown of unnecessary cellular components while keeping healthy cells safe) of cancer cells. It also allows cell death and prevents the spread of cancer cells.
- Another in vitro skin cancer study conducted by the Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacology found a death rate of melanoma cells in mice as high as 90%.
- A study published in the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology said that if CBD connects to cancer cells in the skin that have CBD receptors, it can help reduce cancer levels.
- A study by Vanderbilt University has shown that CBD blocks angiogenesis, the process by which blood is supplied to a tumor that causes tumors to grow and spread in the body. CBD has been shown to inhibit this process, preventing tumor cells from receiving blood and eventually dying over time.
- Many other studies have shown that the endocannabinoid system is active in the skin and may play a role in skin cancer, especially inflammatory skin cancer.
To get the best outcome of CBD, scientists are researching the best dosage for patients undergoing treatment with chemotherapy drugs and radiation. At the same time, science is also learning which specific groups of cancers can be destroyed by CBD. Synthetic cannabinoids like dronabinol have been approved for use with chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
Different forms of skin cancer cells
Skin cancer tends to start in the outer layer of the skin where abnormal growth of cells is visible to the naked eye. Skin cells cancer is divided into three types: basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, sebaceous adenocarcinoma, and melanoma.
- Melanoma affects the pigment-producing cells in the skin called melanocytes.
- Basal cell carcinoma usually occurs on sun-exposed skin and may look like a shiny almost translucent or pearly bump on the skin. But they can also be dark brown, black, or a dark bluish color. Sometimes they are a reddish scaly patch of skin. It is a common form of skin cancer.
- Squamous cells are flat, scale-like cells that make up most of the epidermis. About 20% of skin cancers develop from squamous cell carcinoma, particularly in areas of high sun exposure or around the genital area.
Basal cells and squamous cell carcinoma are less aggressive than other forms of skin cancer. Merkel cell cancer is a rare, highly aggressive, and fast-growing form of cancer. Other rare skin cancers include lymphomas, Kaposi sarcoma, and skin adnexal tumors. Without treatment, skin cancer can grow fast and invade surrounding tissue.
The common forms of skin cancer like melanoma, non-melanoma skin cancers, basal cell carcinomas, and squamous cell carcinomas all seem to respond well to the use of cannabis oil. CBD is usually derived from hemp oil, which is also a type of medical cannabis. It is often found in countries like America and Japan where medical marijuana legalization is not fully implemented. At this point, CBD oil for skin cancer is on the verge of being reintroduced to modern medicine. Since political administrations are being understandably slow and cautious in aligning with the scientific advancements, many patients have to find their CBD for skin cancers online, especially in places that have not fully unfolded yet.
If you have the following skin cancer risk factors, you should pay special attention:
- Sensitive and vulnerable white skin
- History of skin exposed to sunlight or excessive sun exposure
- Live in sunny climates or high latitudes
- Many moles
- Precancerous lesions
- Family or personal history of skin cancer
- Weak immune system
- Exposure to radiation or substances such as arsenic
Why use CBD for skin cancer?
While numerous studies and studies have shown how CBD oil can reduce cancer cell growth, kill cancer cells, and help regulate skin cancer, it is important to note there is still no solid evidence for the use of CBD oil can cure cancer. Medical professionals have always used CBD oils in ways that complement other cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy, radiation treatment, and surgical procedure. The therapeutic effects of cannabinoids also have been attributed to their impact on the endocannabinoid system in the human body
In addition to cell death and increased drug potency, CBD oil has also shown benefits in reducing cancer symptoms or cancer treatment side effects.
- Radiation and chemotherapy drugs can cause severe nausea and vomiting. This also makes people extremely weak, leaving them vulnerable to infections, and can also sometimes make them too weak to continue treatment. CBD oil is very beneficial when reducing the side effect of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting for short time.
- Another side effect of cancer treatment is loss of appetite. The patient has an aversion to food and drink. Snacking may cause them to vomit or upset their stomach. Chemotherapy and radiation are energy-intensive treatments, and losing your appetite can make the human body extremely weak and vulnerable to infections. Medical cannabis has been shown to help increase people’s appetite so they can maintain a healthy weight during treatment.
- Cancer treatments also cause a lot of pain, inflammation and muscle soreness, etc. The cancer process is extremely painful and uncomfortable. For pain relief, you can take medical marijuana. It can help reduce pain levels because CBD oil can interact with serotonin and anandamide, both of which are responsible for maintaining a happy, anti-inflammatory, and pain-relieving.
CBD oil as a complementary treatment for skin cancer
There are several ways to get CBD oil into the bloodstream of cancer patients. Let us take a look at the different methods people use to incorporate CBD oil in their cancer conditions.
- Topical medicine is applied directly to the part of the skin that needs to be treated. It is infused with a special concentration of CBD oil. The concentration depends on the conditions of the target area. It provides pain fast relief by absorbing into the skin and attaching themselves to their CBD receptors in the lower layers of the skin.
- The tincture with a certain concentration of CBD oil. A pipette is used to deliver a very precise amount of CBD oil. The pipette is filled with CBD tincture to a specific level, and drop by drop is dispensed under the patient’s tongue. This area has a large number of nerves, which help to absorb oil faster and more efficiently. Thus, the oil is introduced into the blood vessels from where it is delivered to the target cancer cell site.
- The spray is used to deliver CBD oil into the bloodstream. Painkiller sprays are highly effective in helping to cope with pain, especially during an ongoing course of chemotherapy or radiation. The mucous membrane in the nose is highly effective in helping to absorb the drops of CBD oil, thereby accelerating its active actions.
- CBD oil on the mucosa is sprayed into the mouth of a cancer patient. Oral mucilage is highly effective in helping to absorb CBD oil faster.
- Another way to do accurate dosing of CBD oil is to use capsules. They have the correct amount of CBD oil inserted and are also very easy to use. If someone needs faster pain relief right away, they will be offered a higher strength capsule. CBD oil capsules are given to the patient just like you would any other regular tablet or capsule.
- If for any reason cancer patients are unable to swallow capsules and have difficulty with sprays and topicals, CBD oil-infused topicals are a great way to administer CBD oil to patients. Some producers extract CBD oil and add it into foods to create edible products like gummy bears and chocolates.
- Uses full spectrum CBD extracted from organically grown hemp.
There are many benefits of using skin cancer cannabis oil:
- CBD helps reduce anxiety disorders. This is an extremely good option if the cancer patient is feeling anxious during ongoing treatment and needs to calm down.
- Inflammation of the skin and other internal organs of the body is a very painful and uncomfortable medical condition. CBD products such as oils, balms, tinctures, capsules, etc. are very useful to help reduce inflammation and make the patient more comfortable.
- CBD products are a great option when trying to tackle nausea and prevent vomiting.
- CBD-based products are rich in antioxidants, allowing them to be good humectants. They can have many skin benefits, including reducing acne.
- CBD also has amazing benefits when trying to improve heart health.
CBD dosage for skin cancer
Because pure CBD oil is extremely thick and difficult to use, it is sometimes diluted in other carrier oil such as coconut oil to make it easier to apply to the dry skin and improve absorption. Some patients also dilute the oil in alcohol (creating a massage salt), while others prefer to use the pure oil directly. When cannabinoids come into contact with a cancerous wound, the healing process begins and the skin wound will show signs of healing within a few days.
Efficacy depends on the dose used. Patients need to use star oil in strong concentrations for skin cancer lesions, to heal them effectively. In addition to applying CBD oil to the cancerous lesions (if possible), you should also add CBD oil inside the body to strengthen the immune system, minimize the side effects and enhance the effectiveness of other conventional treatments.
CBD oil has almost no toxicity and no major side effects, meaning patients shouldn’t worry about overdosing. If the patient has positive results using the oil, it may be advisable to use a higher dose to speed up the recovery.
Not much can be done to treat the myriad forms of cancer, and any relief is welcome. CBD is extremely powerful against many forms of cancer, including skin cancer. Side effects are usually minimal and include fatigue, weight changes, and appetite (which is a good thing in the case of cancer patients because they can maintain a healthy normal weight), and mild diarrhea. Until now there are few clinical trials, clinical data, or relevant animal studies for CBD oils skin canner treatment have been published. But medical marijuana still is a potential treatment and brings promising results for many skin cancer conditions.
It is important to always consult your doctor before using CBD products as they can sometimes interact with other medications such as antibiotics, antidepressants or anti-anxiety medications seizures, blood thinners, and other chemotherapy drugs. These interactions render both drugs useless and will do more harm than good, which is why you need to make sure your doctor approves CBD products.
Furthermore, based on the numerous conclusive studies that have shown CBD to be useful, it would be a waste if it were not tried. It is important to help the skin cancer patient stay relaxed, comfortable, and pain-free. Your skin contains cannabinoid receptors that can deal with nausea, pain, and discomfort. The best use of CBD oils products is pure oils, tinctures, creams, capsules, sprays, and rollers.