Because of cannabis innovation and science, patients who are relying on CBD for treatment are living through a revolutionary time. The vast variety of CBD products available in the market include CBD topicals, CBD oil, CBD gummies, CBD vape oil, and CBD capsules. And there seems to be no stopping CBD product manufacturers.
Most popular among these are the CBD syrups. Especially among the young consumers who use it as an alternative for a harmful drink called Lean. This dangerous drink is also called sizzurp or purple drink. Lean is formulated by combining prescription strength of a cough syrup, soft drinks and hard, fruit-flavored candy. What makes Lean dangerous is the prescription cough syrup. Cough syrups contain codeine, an opioid drug.
That is why they turn to CBD syrup as an alternative. CBD syrup is a safe, effective, and easy way to get medical relief. CBD syrup is non-lethal, therapeutic, and medicinal. In addition to this, CBD syrup does not have any adverse side effects. CBD syrup is a simple and natural alternative to treat a lot of health issues like anxiety, depression, seizures, insomnia, inflammation, and opiate withdrawal from substances. For instance, codeine. Let’s take a deeper look on why CBD syrup has become so popular, and learn how it is being used.
Getting to Know CBD Syrup
CBD syrup is a syrupy substance infused with CBD. Its usage depends on how you want to take it. You have the option to mix it with food and beverages. Or you can also take it straight out of the bottle. It also comes in different concentrations. You can mix the desired amount of CBD syrup with any beverage of your choice. Usually, it is mixed with fruity-flavored carbonated soda. You can also add some ice cream in the mixture. Or you can just simply take it as it is, straight out of the bottle.
Most patients dilute it and others ingest the syrup pure. However way you want to take it, CBD syrup will still be effective. Patients also have options to its usage, depending on which method they find easy and convenient for them. Another way to use CBD syrup is by vaporizing it or adding it to a joint.
CBD syrup has gained popularity because it is being used as an alternative for Lean. Lean is used by some people to get a little bit of a high from its mixture of substances. It has become quite popular in the Hip Hop community when it started. However, Lean has promethazine codeine that can be very dangerous. In some cases, it can even be deadly when too much of it is used. There are some celebrities reported to be hospitalized due to the abusive use of Lean.
CBD syrups are starting to fill-in for Lean, as the latter is slowly becoming unpopular because of its adverse effects. CBD is a harmless and most beneficial substance available in the market today. It is a healthier and much safer alternative to most common drugs in the market, maybe even including those that are legal. CBD provides the same familiar ingestion method as Lean. It also provides the calming and sedating effects that users are looking for.
CBD vs. THC Syrup
CBD rich cannabis products offer more relaxation and are more calming than THC. And it offers significant medical benefits, without making the patient feel high or “stoned”, unlike THC.
CBD syrup is commonly used to calm the mind. It is also used as treatment for health conditions like depression, insomnia, and anxiety. THC also has its own health benefits. However, THC is normally used for recreation or pleasure, as it makes the user high.
There are several companies who produce products with both CBD and THC content. Each have their own corresponding effects. Therefore, you are advised to try each in small doses and find out which one will suit you best.
When to Use CBD Syrup
CBD is known to have several medicinal and therapeutic uses. It can relieve simple to severe and chronic aches and pains. It is also a treatment for depression, insomnia, and anxiety. Its anti-inflammatory properties can help alleviate inflammation in the body. Epilepsy, skin diseases and allergies, and yes, even cancer. CBD syrup has a lot of benefits, an almost endless list.
Reasons to Use CBD
- Improved Appetite: CBD is believed to stimulate appetite. It binds to cannabinoid receptors in the body, therefore regulating appetite.
- Pain Reliever: CBD works as a pain reliever. This is a popular use of it. From simple pain to chronic and severe body aches and pains. Its ability to reduce pain is because it works in our endocannabinoid receptor activity. Hence, it reduces inflammation and interacts with neurotransmitters.
- Reduces Stress and Improves Mood: The natural and gentle calming effect of CBD syrup relaxes the mind. Therefore relieving it from stress and improving moods. Its effect is that of calmness, peace, and relaxation.
- Treatment for Insomnia: Since CBD is very effective in relaxing the mind, it has become a popular option for those who want treatment from insomnia. Stress is often the reason people have trouble sleeping. Likewise the fact that sometimes their minds are overactive. Because CBD syrup can calm and relax the mind, not only does it relieve stress, but it can treat insomnia, too.
- Anxiety: CBD is very effective in treating anxiety. It has effects on the brain that affects cognition and memory. It is known to help treat irrational thinking patterns associated with anxiety, among other health issues.
To Sum it Up
CBD syrup has been gaining popularity in the CBD market. Because of this trend, many brands have been expanding and adding CBD syrup to their collection of CBD products. In purchasing CBD products, especially CBD syrup, make sure you get one only from trusted brands to ensure the quality and effectivity of the product, making them safe for consumption by people who need its benefits.